Ericom Software has released an upgrade to its flagship AccessNow application access and desktop virtualization solution for VMware Horizon View.
Ericom Software, an application access and desktop virtualization solution provider, has released an upgrade to its flagship AccessNow solution for VMware (VMW) Horizon View. The AccessNow solution, which the company initially offered two years ago, enables users to display remote desktops in web browsers just like a traditional remote desktop client.
This latest version 2.4 has been extended to support a range of devices, including Apple (AAPL) iPads, iPhones and Macs; Google (GOOG) Android-based smartphones and tablets; and a variety of PCs. According to Ericom, the new release includes a tech preview of access to VM-hosted applications using AccessNow HTML5 and Horizon View that enables the deployment of Windows applications using View VDI desktops as the hosting platform. Organizations deploying VMware View can provide large groups of task-based users with browser-based access to one or more applications without requiring the use of the entire virtual desktop.
Eran Heyman, Ericom founder and chief executive, said the AccessNow solution is particularly well-suited for organizations installing BYOD and remote access programs as well as educational institutions.
“We have seen fantastic traction of AccessNow across a wide variety of industries and use cases since its original release over two years ago,” he said. “In particular, organizations find AccessNow to be of great value in implementing BYOD and remote access programs that support the widest variety of end user devices, without having to install any software on the end user device, lowering IT overhead.”
AccessNow 2.4 features include:
- Available as standalone (connecting to practically any physical or virtual desktop or terminal server). Integrates with Citrix (CTXS) XenApp, VMware View, Dell (DELL) Quest vWorkspace and Ericom’s PowerTerm WebConnect VDI and RDS connection broker.
- Works on Chromebooks, iPads, Android tablets, smartphones and BlackBerry (BBRY) devices, as well as Windows/Linux PCs, Macs, Windows 8 Surface, netbooks and ultrabooks.
- Provides the same look and feel on all supported device types, which can reduce training and help desk costs.
- Does not require any infrastructure for deployment, upgrades or patches—the new version installs or uploads on the server.
- Integrates with the Ericom Secure Gateway, which can be used with, or instead of, a VPN or an SSL VPN. Compatible with Juniper (JNPR) and Cisco (CSCO) SSL VPNs.