The VAR Guy's Open Source 50
Welcome to The VAR Guy's annual look at open source in the IT channel. The annual survey tracks open source companies based on a range of variables, including the size, influence and growth of their partner programs. Also, The VAR Guy measures the percent of company revenues derived from channel partners. Take a look ...
The Open Source 50 (2010 Edition)
- Download the 2010 Report: The a 30-plus page PDF available June 2 from The VAR Guy’s Resource Center (free registration is required). The report includes analysis of the open source IT channel, a close look at each of The Open Source 50 companies, key channel chiefs you need to know, and specific partner program initiatives at all 50 companies.
- Download the 2009 Report: Also available from our Resource Center (free registration is required).
Read Selected Components Online (2009 Edition)
- Part A: The Open Source 50
- Part B: Top Ranked Companies (Sorted 1 to 25)
- Part C: Best of the Rest (Unsorted)
About The VAR Guy's Open Source 50
The VAR Guy's Second Annual Open Source 50 Survey ran Jan. 5 through April 16, 2010. Our goal was to identify the 50 most promising open source channel partner programs. The partner programs involve pure open source companies or hybrid (open source/closed source) companies. The survey took about 15 minutes (or less) to complete.
The Open Source 50 is based on such variables as:
- Overall partner ecosystem size
- Annual partner network growth (in raw numbers)
- Annual partner network percentage growth
- Percent of revenue derived from partners
- Internal employees per channel partner
- The VAR Guy’s intense, daily coverage of open source in the IT channel
For questions, comments or feedback please contact:
Nine Lives Media Inc.
joe [at] ninelivesmediainc.com