In a May 13 entry, Asay writes:
Today I got to meet him [The VAR Guy] in person, along with his beautiful wife ("The VAR Lady"?). It turns out that The VAR Guy is an entrepreneur as well as a great blogger/journalist.Hmmm. Let's analyze that paragraph, section by section:
- Asay's Claim: "Today, I got to meet him in person..."
- The VAR Guy's Response: No comment ;-)
- Asay's Claim: "... along with his beautiful wife (The VAR Lady?)."
- The VAR Guy's Response: If The VAR Guy really had a beautiful wife, would he spend so much time blogging for so little money? And would that beautiful lady really hang out with a dork who can't keep a day job?
- Asay' Claim: "It turns out that The VAR Guy is an entrepreneur..."
- The VAR Guy's Response: Yup, our resident blogger starts lots of things (online debates, skirmishes and the occasional fist fight) but can he really build a business? Surely, you need to write a business plan and find funding to succeed in business... or do you?
- Asay's Claim: "...as well as a great blogger/journalist."
- The VAR Guy's Response: Guilty as charged -- at least until readers discover that The VAR Guy prefers quoting himself rather than Gartner analysts.
Thank you, Matt, for protecting The VAR Guy's identity -- if, indeed, you really know who The VAR Guy is.