Cisco confirmed plans to work with Avnet on Dec. 17, 2009. Making it doubly sweet: Avnet was meeting with Wall Street analysts that day in New York.
As a high-value specialty distributor for Cisco, Avnet will provide its channel partners with the following Cisco data center products:
- Nexus Data Center Family of Switches
- MDS Family of Fiber Channel SAN Switches
- Catalyst E-Blade Switches
- Unified Computing System (UCS) Blade and Rack Servers (B and C)
- Application Control Engine (ACE)
- WAN Optimization (WAAS)
The Cisco Data Center Suite will be led by Avnet executive Chris Swahn, who has over 20 years of experience serving the channel and helping partners.
Separately, our team sat down with Philip Gallagher, global president, Avnet Technology Solutions, during the Dec. 17 Avnet analyst day in New York. We'll publish a FastChat video with Gallagher later this week.