Nine Lives Media Inc. — WorksWithU.com's parent company — is seeking at least three contributing bloggers who can offer balanced coverage of Microsoft and Windows 7, Apple and Mac OS X, and Canonical’s Ubuntu Linux. Here’s what we’re seeking.
Please read this entire post for details and qualification requirements covering each contributor position.
Three Contributing Blogger Opportunities:
- Microsoft and Windows 7 Contributing Blogger: Must offer timely, balanced coverage of Microsoft’s forthcoming upgrade to Windows Vista. Must be able to push beyond the features and functions of Windows 7. Ideal candidates will be able to describe Microsoft’s business, PC, netbook and channel partner strategies for Windows 7. Again, balanced coverage — indicating what Microsoft is doing right and wrong with Windows 7 — is an absolute requirement.
- Apple and Mac OS X Contributing Blogger: Contributing blogger must be able to describe how Apple’s products and business strategies potentially benefit VARs, integrators, solutions providers and other channel partners. Must be able to mix in Apple server coverage.
- Canonical and Ubuntu Linux Contributing Blogger: Yes, you should run Ubuntu regularly if you want to cover Ubuntu for us. But more importantly, you should be able to cover what Canonical is doing right — and wrong — as it promotes Ubuntu server, desktop and mobile editions to businesses.
- Entry-level bloggers who love to write about Canonical, Ubuntu, Windows 7 and/or Apple strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recent or soon-to-be college graduates who have Web 2.0 and/or IT experience strongly preferred.
- Hands-on IT managers and solutions providers given strong consideration.
- Must be able to write with attitude.
- Instead of reporting hard news, we want you to blend exclusive news or analysis with your own perspectives.
- Must be able to generate one test blog entry per week in February (or a total of four blog entries for the month).
- Must be able to generate at least 5 blog entries per month starting in March (assuming we agree to move forward with one another).
To express your interest in our contributing blogger opportunities, send email to Nine Lives Media Inc. Editorial Director Joe Panettieri (joe [at] ninelivesmediainc.com). Be sure to brag about your expertise. And describe the topics you’d like to cover.