Here's the conversation...
FastChat Video with Barton George
The FastChat Video above covers:
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 0:11 - How Dell's Data Center Solutions Group is designing servers for high-end cloud computing
- 0:47 - How Dell is integrating hardware with software in cloud servers
- 1:13 - Coming soon: Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications
- 1:19 - Leveraging Joyent's software
- 1:40 - Dell's cloud partner program - where Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud, Greenplum and Aster Data enter the picture.
- 2:10 - Dell's commitment to OpenStack
- 3:07 - More information and Web links
- 3:20 - Conclusion
Do Channel Partners Fit In?When the Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications officially launches, it sounds like Dell will initially target 1,000 of the world's largest cloud computing opportunities -- everyone from big enterprises seeking private clouds to massive service providers building public clouds.
Translation: Small VARs may not be reselling the Dell Cloud Solution, but they may be leveraging the Dell platform when it potentially gains traction within big service provider settings. Moreover, Dell certainly is building a cloud partner program, which so far includes Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud, Greenplum, Aster Data and OpenStack.
For ongoing cloud insights from Barton George, you can check out his blog at www.BartonGeorge.net.
Time for The VAR Guy to leave the cloud and head off for bed.
Sign up for The VAR Guy’s Weekly Newsletter; Webcasts and Resource Center; and via RSS; Facebook; Identi.ca; Twitter and VARtweet.