The VAR Guy is keeping a close eye on Synnex (NYSE: SNX) and its Varnex conference (April 15-18, New Orleans). The reason? The Synnex CloudSolv initiative seeks to empower VARs and IT service providers with a range of cloud services that generate recurring revenues.
No doubt, CloudSolv updates will surface at Varnex. Channel partners should compare and contrast those developments with cloud aggregator initiatives under way at Ingram Micro and Tech Data, among other distributors.
Cisco Partner Summit 2012Next, The VAR Guy will turn his attention to Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO). At Cisco Partner Summit (April 16-19, San Diego), keep a close eye on...
- Cisco's Unified Compute System, which are on track to generate more than $1 billion in annual revenues this year.
- VBlock and Cisco's relationship with VMware and EMC (each of which back the VCE organization).
- Cisco' Cloud Partner Program, which is gaining momentum, according to Channel Chief Edison Peres.
- Cisco OnPlus, a cloud service that some MSPs have been leveraging to monitor customer networks.
- Any clues about the future of Cisco's always-popular VIP program, which rewards partners with various margin bonuses.
(Northern) California Dreamin'Then, there's a potential triple play in the San Francisco Bay Area, involving:
- The OpenStack Design Summit (April 16-18) and Conference (19-20) are at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in San Francisco.
- The 2012 IBM SmartCloud Symposium (April 16-19) is at the Hilton San Francisco.
- A private Oracle analyst meeting at Oracle's headquarters (hush, hush: Dates undisclosed).
Perhaps the most secretive chatter will occur at Oracle's headquarters, where [yada, yada, and yada] are expected to be discussed on [dates undisclosed]. Sorry about the lack of information. The folks working in Redwood Shores tend to be tight-lipped during this invite-only gathering. But The VAR Guy has a knack for sneaking his way in the back door.
Here, There and EverywhereSo where will The VAR Guy really be next week? In addition to the potential destinations listed above, our resident blogger will be offering some expert advice to [name withheld by request].
Imagine that: Somebody potentially taking advice from an anonymous blogger ... regardless of his alleged location.