9. Hiring Mode: Doyenz, which offers cloud-based disaster recovery services to MSPs in the SMB market, is set to hire 25 people. How is the company funding that growth? MSPmentor offers some speculation and a look at the Doyenz strategy.
8. Calling for Calm: HTG Peer Group leader Arlin Sorensen has told VARs and MSPs not to rush to judgment as Dell acquires SonicWall.
7. Google Apps Partner Pokes Office 365: Cloud Sherpas, one of the largest Google Apps Authorized Resellers, took a few shots at Microsoft Office 365, the rival cloud application platform. Readers tuned in.
6. EVault Targets Symantec: EVault, a cloud-based backup company, is taking aim at the Symantec Backup Exec installed base. Here's the ironic twist.
5. Cloud Storage Sales Strategy: MSPmentor offers some advice on selling cloud storage, and storage as a managed service.
4. Seagate Seeking Acquisitions?: The answer is yes, at least when it comes to the cloud storage market. Indeed, Seagate's EVault subsidiary is poking around and looking to make potential purchases.
3. Competing... And Cooperating: Microsoft and Cisco Systems compete in the unified communications market. But the two technology giants also partner up in the server application market. And that partnership is showing signs of progress. Here's the evidence.
2. Cloud Stocks Still Climbing: Investors and cloud industry professionals continue to closely watch our Talkin' Cloud Stocks Index, which is up more than 20 percent so far in 2012. We pinpointed the winners here.
1. Is VMware Worried About Rackspace?: Actually, the conversation is more focused on OpenStack than Rackspace. But the questions are growing louder. Here's why.
That's all for now. It's time for The VAR Guy to focus on the weekend. Perhaps he'll be able to shift hi