has launched a new CA Global Partner Program
to address the changing needs of solutions providers, cloud and managed services providers (CSPs and MSPs), alliance partners and resellers, according to Channel Chief David Bradley. The new CA Technologies partner program emerges as CA also attempts to connect the dots
between established brands (ARCserve
, for instance) and acquired technologies (such as Nimsoft
). Here's the update.
According to a prepared statement from CA,the partner program includes:
- A platform-agnostic, end-to-end solutions portfolio: The focused here is on planning, management and IT security solution.
- Business Enablement for Growth: A global partner lifecycle program providing consistency in the partner and customer experience.
- Cloud Enablement: The development of solutions based on each partner’s unique value proposition, plus marketing, sales, and technical enablement tools to help build sales pipelines.
David Bradley, senior VP of Global Channel Sales, discussed some of his partner priorities during a recent meeting with The VAR Guy in New York. At the time, Bradley made it clear that CA wanted to remain platform agnostic, helping partners to profit from on-premises, hybrid and pure cloud services.
According to CA:
- current CA Technologies partners will be assimilated as Members of the CA Global Partner Program and can register on the redesigned MyCA Partner Portal.
- Premier and Advanced Members have access to dedicated sales support, enablement, assigned account management, and market and business development funds.
- The enhanced Global Service Center (GSC) will be available to all Members via Live Chat in May in the MyCA Partner Portal. There, members can get answers to program questions and share best practices.
CA has also updated its mid-market and emerging enterprise strategy, integrating the Nimsoft division (IT service management software) more directly into CA going forward. Also, CA has spent the past year or two updating its software licensing policies to include traditional licensing and service provider (pay as you go) licensing.