Sure, the usual chatter about competition with Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) will likely pop up. But The VAR Guy prefers to focus the conversation on Juniper's relationships with channel partners. So here's how the conversation could potentially take shape:
1. The Big Picture: Welcome to 2013, Mr. Johnson. And thanks for your time. As the Near Year kicks off, what are your top priorities for Juniper, and its partners and customers?
2. Leadership: Give The VAR Guy a snapshot of the executive team. Back in October 2012, Rami Rahim was named EVP of Platform Systems, succeeding Stefan Dyckerhoff. How has the transition been going? And how is the overall executive team executing?
3. Technology Waves: Mobile. Cloud. Security. Software-defined networks. The convergence of storage, network and compute. Which trends represent the biggest opportunities (and challenges) for Juniper and its partners?
4. Acquisitions: You snapped up Mykonos Software in February 2012 and some CDN technology rights in (BitGravity) January 2012. How are those deals playing out and what's your overall view on Juniper potentially making more acquisitions?
5. Partners: How is your partner mix changing or evolving amid the technology waves we discussed?
6. Partner Segments: Let's talk big service providers and telcos. What are the key trends and demands from them right now? And then we've got MSPs and emerging cloud services providers (CSPs). Are those new segments or just natural extensions to your engagements with telcos, etc.?
7. Bottom Line: When this event wraps, what's the Juniper message you want channel partners delivering to customers for 2013?