...the the minute by minute update.
Onstage now: Patel...
- The typical large company is now 50 to 55 percent virtualized, but in small business the figure is much lower.
- For every dollar companies spend on VMware, there is an $11 to $15 opportunity for partners to assist with integration and support.
- VMware is looking to hit $4.7 billion it revenues this year, and has 13,000 people worldwide.
- Private cloud: Getting customers to not just virtualize, but build a full private cloud.
- Desktop virtualization: Whether that's a thin client or moving to a smart phone, virtualizing desktop applications.
- Management and automation to help maximize virtualization.
- Business critical applications: Virtualizing SAP and Oracle environments.
- "This is a relationship that has really taken off in the past 12 months, and it involves a lot of hard work at Kaspersky and VMware."
- VMware has written a set of security APIs to let security companies integrate far more tightly with VMware.
Onstage now: Gohnstand...
- "If you don't adjust your business for this cloud and virtualization thing, you're basically dead."
- For the virtualizaton of business critical applications, focus on availability, performance, security and compliance controls
- Lines of business are whipping out their credit cards to embrace public cloud IT services
- Check back for more updates in a few minutes...
- Four integration points to security and networking: Inside the virtual server, edge of virtual server, edge of virtual network and a management and context.
- VMware is releasing new APIs this summer for additional IT security partner opportunities.
- He sees a time coming when virtualized environments are more secure than physical environments.
- Sell the value of VMware Integration today -- including centralized AV scanning for Windows virtual servers.
- Sell the fact that it saves money, requires less server hardware and delivers better application performance.
- Understand the basics of VMware's technology (vMotion, SRM, etc.)
- vSphere Hardening Guide (how to lock down the hypervisor)
- Decide if you want to hit VDI (virtual desktops) hard
- A lot of partners get into VDI for customers that want secure desktops.
- "Realistically, partnerships like VMware/Kaspersky are the only way forward"