The VAR Guy has also watched former Intronis Channel Chief Ted Roller jump to LogMeIn. Plus, Datto, the backup and disaster recovery (BDR) company focused on MSPs, has hired Dana Prestigiacomo as its VP of marketing. Prestigiacomo is a veteran of Acronis, CA Technologies, IBM and IntraLinks.
More moves are coming in the days ahead, The VAR Guy has confirmed. They will include:
- MSP industry veterans jumping to SaaS companies;
- former channel leaders getting back into the game; and
- a range of executives moving between large and small IT companies.
In the meantime, what's driving all the career changes? A few thoughts:
- Executives working at large, slow-growth IT companies seem more willing to trade in big salaries for potential IPO opportunities.
- MSP veterans are seeking to share their learnings by joining IT vendors that, in turn, want to educate their MSP customers.
- Despite the fiscal cliff, technology companies continue to seek top talent that understands where the channel, mobile and cloud computing intersect