In this week's Distribution Watch we've got news from Tech Data and Avnet.
Greetings, esteemed readers, and welcome to this week’s Distribution Watch, our weekly recap of distribution comings and goings. This week we’ve got news from Tech Data (TECD) and Avnet (AVT), so if you’re ready, let’s start watching.
"The TechSelect Community Portal provides the latest information and greatest technology solutions our customers need to grow their businesses," Pete Peterson, senior vice president, U.S. Sales at Tech Data. "Within the TechSelect Community Portal and at our various partner conferences, channel partners have the opportunity to share profitable growth strategies, discuss the latest technologies in the IT channel and capitalize on exclusive networking opportunities. The new portal runs more quickly and efficiently, making it easier for the community to find the information they need. This is extremely valuable to our community for relationship-building and future business opportunities."
New features on techselect.com, in Tech Data’s own words, include:
- More robust applications, mobile device capabilities and simplified navigation
- New functionalities of the TechSelect vendor microsites, resource library, video library, upcoming events and the reseller partner locator
- Updated news feeds and live social media feeds.
Avnet: Avnet Technology Solutions, the IT distribution arm of Avnet, will host more than 200 channel partners at Compass - Avnet’s IBM Executive Directions event, slated to be held Aug. 11-14 in San Antonio, Texas. The event will provide Avnet’s IBM business partners “with insight into the strategies and trends needed to grow their businesses through solutions-driven market opportunities,” according to the company.
Compass - Avnet’s IBM Executive Directions will also highlight sales opportunities for specific technologies including Big Data/business analytics, cloud computing, converged technology, mobility, software and storage solutions.
Event highlights are slated to include:
- Avnet Technology Solutions global president Phil Gallagher will participate on a panel and discuss Avnet’s strategies and capabilities, Avnet’s partnership with IBM, and the critical importance of partners in the technology ecosystem
- Steve Mills, senior vice president and group executive, IBM Software and Systems, will provide his perspective on market opportunities, IBM's brand strategies, the opportunity and the role of channel, and skills partners need for future growth
- Mark Hennessy, general manager, IBM Global Business Partners and Mid-Market, will provide updates and directions on IBM channels, and discuss opportunities and practical ways for partners to grow their business to take advantage of new and growing market opportunities
For more information and to register for the conference, click here.
And that’s this week’s edition of Distribution Watch. Check back next week to see what we’ve got on our watchlist. Until then, stay safe.