Microsoft (MSFT) now has 150,000 registered Office 365 and cloud partners. Satya Nadella, president, server and tools business, said that and more at Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2013 (WPC 2013). Here's a recap.
Microsoft's Nadella: More than 3.2 million customers now run Office 365.
At Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2013 (WPC13), Satya Nadella, president, server and tools business, described some major milestones for the company's Office 365 and Windows Azure cloud businesses.
Among the key takeaways, Nadella said:
- "We are leading the next-big shift from client-server to devices and services."
- Over $2 trillion of IT spend is up for grabs, and we're leading that.
- Over 50 percent of Fortune 500 companies are using asure.
- 3.2 million businesses are using Office 365.
- 150,000 partners worldwide are now enrolled to sell Office 365 and Microsoft cloud services.
- Over 22,000 partners worldwide sold Microsoft public cloud services in past 12 months.
- Julie White, general manager, Office, offered additional insights about how Microsoft is helping to deliver well-managed environments across Office 365, Windows Azure, Active Directory, System Center and Windows Intune. Information protection and rights management is built right into Office 365 and Outlook, she noted.
- News: Dynamics has a complete new client optimized for Windows 8 and touch, due out this fall.
- News: Microsoft is previewing of Windows Azure AD SaaS management features to manage BYOD and bring your own cloud scenarios.
- News: The next giant leap in self-service business intelligence is "Power BI for Office 365" -- which is now in preview.
- Cloud Infrastructure: "We built our cloud infrastructure on Windows 2012 Hyper-V. From Azure to Bing to Office 365, it's all running on Windows infrastructure. And we're making it available as part of Windows Server and System Center for others to build their own infrastructure. Neither Amazon nor VMware can promise nor deliver this readiness across workloads."
That's all for now. But keep checking our WPC13 coverage for updates.