Get the latest Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2013 (WPC13) news -- including Windows 8.1, Office 365 cloud, Surface Pro and RT tablets -- and channel partner program updates.
Microsoft Channel Chief Jon Roskill addresses partners at the annual Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC).
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2013 (WPC13) will generate major Windows 8.1, Surface Pro and RT tablet, Office 365 cloud, social, mobile and Big Data news. The conference runs July 7-11 in Houston. Stay tuned to The VAR Guy for complete channel partner coverage.
Microsoft WPC13 News and Analysis
- Microsoft Launches TouchWin, Expands Office 365 Open: The moves are designed to drive Windows 8 Tablet and PC sales, and partner-driven cloud revenues.
- Office 365 Attracts 150,000 Cloud Partners: Plus, 3.2 million customers are now running Microsoft's cloud applications.
- Live Blog: CEO Steve Ballmer and More: WPC13 kicks off with plenty of Windows 8.1 chatter.
- Microsoft Blocks Google, VMware and Salesforce.com Employees from WPC14: So, can you name Microsoft's top 3 rivals in the cloud, mobile, social and big data markets?
- Windows 8.1 Preview: Microsoft Shows Progress: Two weeks before WPC13 arrives, Microsoft pulls back the curtain on Window 8.1 Is it great? That's not the point. Microsoft's real challenge is staying nimble.
- Microsoft Reorg: Ballmer Must Empower Roskill Even More: Why did Office 365 and Surface originally launch with little or no partner program capabilities? The VAR Guy blames CEO Steve Ballmer. Now, Ballmer must make things right by more fully empowering Channel Chief Jon Roskill.
- Microsoft BUILD, WPC13: Windows 8.1 Plus Surface Pro: The new Windows 8.1 beta surfaces at the BUILD conference, and it could make more noise on Surface Pro at WPC13.
- Microsoft: Surface Tablet Partner Program at WPC13? The rumors continue. A lot of folks expect Microsoft to formalize a tablet partner program at the conference.
- Surface Tablet Sales: Will Microsoft Discounts Upset Partners?: Anyone who attends WPC13 can purchase Surface at a big discount. But how will rival Windows 8 PC and tablet makers react?
- Microsoft WPC 2013: Top Four Partner Priorities: Mobile, cloud, social and big data are the company's big four priorities. Here's why.
Coverage from Talkin' Cloud, Our Sister Site
- Exoprise Takes Office 365 Monitoring Tool to the Channel: Is this a new way for channel partners to monitor SaaS apps?
- Microsoft Expands Office 365 Open: Potential good news for channel partners and VARs that want to manage more and more end-customer cloud billing.
- Tier 3 Launches Cloud Blueprints for Microsoft Lync: How cna channel partners accelerate Microsoft application deployments in the cloud? Tier 3 claims to have the answer.
- Microsoft Partners Profiting from the Cloud: At least that's what a new IDC report claims.
Microsoft WPC12 News and Analysis
- Microsoft Tells Partners: Rescue Customers from IBM, Oracle: Microsoft COO Kevin Turner describes the company's business strategy vs. IBM, Oracle, Apple iPad, Google Apps and VMware vSphere.
- Microsoft Office 365 and Cloud Revenues Doubling: Still skeptical about Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Lync Online? Channel Chief Jon Roskill tells partners those cloud services are selling. Fast.
- VMware to Hyper-V Migrations: Microsoft Trains Partners: Microsoft’s “Switch to Hyper-V” program is seeking to ease VMware to Hyper-V migrations for virtualization customers, partners and cloud services providers (CSPs). Forty partners have completed the training so far. Here's why.
- Windows Phone 8 for Enterprises, Consumers - Microsoft Wants Both: “Smart phone users today don’t know about Windows Phone, and that’s a problem we’re going to fix with Windows Phone 8,” said Charles Thomas Gruhler, technology marketing executive and branding strategist at Microsoft. Our coverage explains Microsoft's strategy to fix that.
- Microsoft Confirms Windows Server 2012 Launch Date: When is the new Windows Server 2012 coming, and how will it support business servers, cloud services providers and partners? Answers have emerged at WPC.
- Microsoft Windows 8 Already Running on 100,000 App Macs: That stat comes from Parallels, which makes virtualization software to run Windows on Mac OS.
- Microsoft Windows 8 Ship Date: When will Windows 8 for PCs, Surface tablets and notebooks ship? CEO Steve Ballmer offers an update and makes bold predictions to drive upgrades from Windows XP and Windows 7. Funny, he didn't mention Windows Vista. Not once...