For the first half of 2013, security vendor Kaspersky is outperforming even its own estimates for growth in a number of key areas, according to the company.
For the first half of 2013, security vendor Kaspersky Lab is outperforming even its own estimates for growth in a number of different areas, including business-to-business and business-to-consumer sales, sales to specific market segments and partner growth, according to the company.
Given the fact that sales and growth figures from privately held companies are difficult to verify, Kaspersky is showing off some gaudy stats so far this year. At its North America Partner Conference earlier this year, Kaspersky laid out its goals for the B2B sector and the vendor said it is on track to meet and exceed those goals. In particular, Kaspersky pointed to the growth in its public sector sales, driven by a new, dedicated division it launched earlier this year, and new partner programs it kicked off, including lead generation and financial incentives.
Here are some of Kaspersky’s year-over-year growth milestones for 1H 2013, according to the company:
- 121 percent increase in private sector enterprise sales
- 34 percent increase in sales to private sector accounts
- 30 percent increase in midmarket sales
- 28 percent increase in online business
- 24 percent increase in customer renewals
- 22 percent increase in overall business
- 8 percent increase in unit sales for North America business
Public sector sales
- 23 percent increase for sales to large public sector organization
- 300 percent increase in partner recruitment
- 20 percent increase in deal registration volume
“In 2013, we refocused many of our sales resources, simplified our geographic model and honed in on distinct customer segments and industry verticals, all while remaining 100 percent committed to providing our partners and customers the best protection from sophisticated malware and cybercrime," said Chris Doggett, Kaspersky Corporate Sales senior vice president. "As a result, we’ve seen banner growth and record sales in the first half of 2013, and we are well-positioned to exceed our 2013 sales goals,” he said.