VMware (NYSE:VMW) has launched a monthly blog to help channel partners build more effective businesses. VMware VP Toni Adams explains the blog series, which kicks off with social media tips.
It is graduation season and that means it is time to raise a toast and acknowledge individual accomplishments in education. Here at VMware, we have a culture of continuous learning, and in the spirit of that, have launched a VPN ‘How To’ Series. This series is a monthly blog post dedicated to keeping partners in the know about our program and other areas of focus that influence growth.
To get started we recently held a VMware Social Media 101 session. We talked about how partners can expand their social media presence to influence a user community of 4.5B. That’s right, 4.5B and it’s growing by the day. As a starting point, social media must be an integral part of your overall communications strategy and not a separate effort. The course provides our partners with an overview of the social media outlets available, how to effectively use them to nurture current customers, recruit talent, influence the industry, and extend your reach to prospects within.
The Social Media 101 session also walks our partners through providing quality information on a consistent basis and the tools we have in place to help including Social Media Content Syndication. This program provides a library of valuable content that partners can use, plus a delivery infrastructure that allows content to be easily pushed through multiple social media outlets. The end result is that VMware partners are provided an instrument to supplement their own social contributions with those provided by VMware.
Are you interested in learning more about how to grow your business with VMware and graduating from the ‘How To’ series’? Bookmark the Power of Partnership blog and look for these existing and upcoming posts:
- April: How to leverage the PSC – highlights top partner FAQs
- May: How to Use Social Media to Expand your Presence
- June: Sales BYTES – How to Use These New Tools for Closing Business
- July: How to Take Advantage of VMware Marketing Offerings including demand generation tools, social syndication program, GRID, Event In A Box and Website In A Box
- August: How to Get the Most Out of VMworld as a Partner
- September: How to Take Advantage of vCloud Suite
- October: How to Fully Leverage VMware Solution Competencies
- November: How to Close out a Strong VMware Sales Year
- December: Taking advantage of the VMware Partner Program
Are there other topics you want included in the curriculum? Tweet us @VMware_Partners and let us know. We look forward to learning together.
Toni Adams is VP, global partner & alliance marketing, VMware. Monthly guest blogs such as this one are part of The VAR Guy's annual platinum sponsorship program.