Twitter helps build long-term relationships, which eventually drive long-term revenue, all in 140 characters or less.
In less than 10 years Twitter has become one of the most influential content marketing tools available to businesses. But how? How can a social media tool that was originally released with the goal of enabling constant communication between social networks--one that allows only 140 characters per post--provide such significant value to your business?
With 320 million monthly active users and 1 billion monthly unique visits to sites with embedded tweets, the customer reach is undeniable, as Twitter enables you to communicate directly with your followers and vice versa. Twitter helps build long-term relationships, which eventually drive long-term revenue, all in 140 characters or less.
- Confirm that your profile is complete and consumer-ready.
- Before interacting with customers on Twitter, refer back to these four tips on “How to Make Your Online Profiles Customer Ready.”
- Use hashtags and retweets to open the door to communication with prospects.
- Hashtags are used to join or follow a search term. Create your own and start a conversation to contribute to ongoing discussions.
- Retweets are helpful in adding to a conversation, or showing company support of a thought, idea or opinion.
- Include photos or videos in your tweets to better engage your audience.
- With more than 7,000 tweets posted every second, it is vital to add something eye-catching to a fast-moving newsfeed.
- Create lists.
- Organize your newsfeed by creating lists based on followers, hashtags and topics. This will help you prioritize, as well as find new prospects.
- Employ analytics to find the right mix of interacting, listening and engaging.
- Tools like Buffer and Hootsuite provide the ability to preload content and provide metric-oriented insights around the success of your Twitter presence.
- Managing your account in these productive ways is invaluable, but content is king.
- Maintaining a steady flow of industry-relevant and brand-focused tweets can be challenging. Allow your Twitter to flourish by subscribing to VMware’s free Social Media Syndication service through the Partner Demand Center.
- Social Media Syndication provides a list of topics that users can customize to match their company’s persona, compiles tweets on these topics, and publishes them to subscriber’s profiles automatically everyday. Weekly, upcoming content is sent to users to allow them to edit and customize posts as they see fit. Educated changes to content can be made after utilizing the analytics and reporting tools provided by the VMware service. Getting to know your consumer is the key to building relationships with them.
This is just a scratch on the surface of the business opportunities that Twitter holds. Learn about these tips, and more, in the short video “How to use Twitter for Business” (below) or by visiting the Partner Demand Center.
The VMware Partner Demand Center also houses 15 bite-sized videos to navigate your extensive Social Demand Roadmap. Visit the Marketing Resources section of the Partner Demand Center to view these insightful videos, learn some additional marketing best practices, and download toolkits to help build your business.
We would love to hear from you on this topic, as well. Have you found Twitter helpful in generating leads? What best practices can you recommend?
Lucia Filanti is Director of Global Partner Marketing at VMware. Guest blogs such as this one are published monthly and are part of The VAR Guy's annual platinum sponsorship.