As the end of the year approaches, talk often turns to new year's resolutions. But how many of us actually stick with them? Instead, companies should look at how they are helping their channel evolve in 2014: What are your goals? How do they relate to your partners’ goals?
Nothing is more effective in the sales process than word-of-mouth. And when it comes to finding information before making a purchasing decision, everyone has their "go-to" people for information and advice. In channel marketing, the power of influence can be just as effective.
The fall season is upon us, which means the partner summit season is officially in full-swing. Some vendors do partner summits better than others, and we’ve seen our share of great partner summits. So what makes a partner summit a truly unique and worthwhile experience?
If social media is becoming more of a critical element of your marketing campaigns, you may find social media aggregators to be useful. Social media aggregators can help save you time while maintaining various engaging social media platforms. You can post valuable content using one website, rather than having to log on to to each specific platform's website. You also have the ability to schedule content, making posting less time-consuming and more consistent even if you don’t have time to push content.
It should come as no surprise that social media is growing in importance as a tool for engaging online with customers. Nowhere is that more true than in the channel. But for those partners without any social media profile, building a presence online can be a daunting task. We must ask not only what social media tools to use, but also how to use them.
One of the great balancing acts manufacturers must perform is finding the time and money to help their solution provider partners effectively market their solutions. It can be a challenge to find the manpower and funds to find the right resources.
Cloud, mobility, consumerization and business social are reinventing not only the way vendors and their channel partners work together, but also the way we receive and disseminate information. That means many of the more traditional avenues of communication no longer are effective.
A typical channel program sees 5 percent of partners actively engaging while the other 95 percent of partners have made one sale and disappeared. Whether you have a new channel or a longstanding one, I’m sure you’ve seen this commitment issue.
So how can a vendor entice new partners that will be good for its business? Here are a few tips:
You’ve no doubt heard about the importance of “channel marketing campaigns,” but what do marketers really mean by this term? At Channel Maven Consulting, we break down the sometimes ambiguous channel marketing campaign into a manageable Campaign In-a-Box offering, and you can just as easily create your own.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a term bandied about by marketeers, but do you know what it is? Technically, speaking, it's the work of improving your website’s visibility in search engines. For example, when you search for “coffee” and your location on Google or some other search engine, it’s likely one well-known corporate chain will be listed as one of the top five results. Why?
Oftentimes when we work with customers on social media engagements one of the questions we're asked is, “What’s the ROI on this engagement?” That's a challenging question to answer -- while we are certain vendors and solution providers alike will get more interaction with partners and prospective customers by investing in a social media engagement, often it is difficult to put a dollar amount on the worth of an interacti